- Job ID: 58264559
- Location: Gladewater, Texas, United States
- Position Title: Executive Director
- Company Name: GEDCO
- Job Function: Other
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Plans, organizes and implements economic development functions from conception to completion, including business retention, business attraction, incentive programs, research and planning asset development. Performs a variety of responsible administrative profession and technical tasks and must have excellent organizational office skills. Implements economic development goals and objectives of the Gladewater Economic Development Corporation (GEDCO). Interfaces and coordinates with the development community, local businesses, the City of Gladewater and the Gladewater Chamber of Commerce. Must live within the city limits of Gladewater, Texas.
Assume management responsibilities for all services and activities of economic development including attracting increased capital investments and expanding and diversifying employment opportunities; establishes and maintains a partnership for positive long-term economic change and implementation of GEDCO’s core strategies. Support entrepreneurship development, workforce development, business retention and expansion, and business recruitment and marketing.
- Develops strategic plan for short and long term economic and community development goals, as well as the gathering of information and preparation of studies, reports and recommendations to achieve such goals.
- Analyzes existing economic situations relative to business attraction and expansion and reviews modern techniques for business attraction and retention. Negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues; monitors program performance and provides reports to the GEDCO Board of Directors.
- Becomes familiar with the existing inventory of available buildings and businesses in the City of Gladewater and maintains a database of these properties. This includes both public and private buildings and land areas.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of various economic development programs and efforts.
- Manages the development of economic change through retention, expansion, attraction of commerce and industry.
- Develops infrastructure plans in coordination with the City of Gladewater (industrial park, shell building, utilities, etc.) to support business growth and expansion.
- Represents GEDCO at appropriate civic, cultural, charitable, business and community activities as well as serves on boards, commissions, committees and organizations related to the areas that are critical to GEDCO’s goals and interests.
- Prepares and presents annual budget for approval by the GEDCO Board of Directors.
- Provides information and makes presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses, individuals, and the public on economic development issues programs, services and plans.
- Provides project management direction and oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a strong communicator who expresses himself or herself well and builds positive working relationships with other staff members, partners, consultants, funders and community members.
- Have a solid background in leadership management, budget oversight, and organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated experience successfully completing time-sensitive and/or high profile projects through collaboration, consensus and creativity.
- Be a goal-oriented thinker who has the ability to set clear priorities among multiple tasks and stay focused on project benchmarks and deadlines.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of economic and community development issues, principles and techniques, including state and federal policies and programs, capital improvements programming, applicable regulations and regulatory devices, associated data sources and information systems.
- Proficiently use computers, Microsoft Office applications and familiar with QuickBooks.
- Strong moral compass and self-motivated work ethic.
- Agree to a background and credit check.
- Prefer candidate live within the city limits of Gladewater.
Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and written), possess excellent presentation skills and be able to lead discussions and meetings.
Have basic knowledge of math skills and accounting required. Ability to formulate, analyze, and evaluate financial proposals.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in economics, public administration, development, planning, marketing or a closely related field or verifiable experience.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer; operate a motor vehicle to visit and inspect meeting sites. This is primarily a sedentary office classification, although the job involves standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. In this position you may bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employee must possess the ability lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work in predominately an office environment. Mobility to visit/tour construction sites, facilities, businesses, etc. required. Frequent travel (both local and out of the area) required.